Friday, March 25, 2011

Not feeling okey dokey? BROIL!

Wherein Mr. Ullman salutes the pork tenderloin in an odd way-- it is easy
Not a great week.  Basically spent most of it feeling vile and had no
real desire to eat.  However, one must.  So this is going to be a real
easy one.

I love pork tenderloin.  I was going to do a stuffing I love.  That
didn't happen.  I was going to do a sweet and sour sauce.  I didn't do
that either.

So what is easy?  How about a more or less straight-forward broil?  Sounds good.

So this is what I did.   I had some green and red kale.  I had some
mushrooms.  I had some baby leeks.  I had an orange.

So I chopped up the kale and the mushrooms.  I peeled the orange.  I
took a couple of slices from the orange and rub the tenderloin and
sprinkled some thyme on it.  I then took the kale, leeks, mushrooms
and two more orange slices into the blender. Hit chop.

By this time the oven should be about to broiling.  I rolled the pork
in the blended mixture and put into an over safe pan with a bit of
oil.  Whatever of the blended mixture that was leftover I tossed into
the pan.  Broiled for 15 minutes, Flipped and add some goat cheese on
the upside (goat cheese tends to toast rather then melt).  And I also
noticed I screwed up the rice which should give you an idea about how
bad I was feeling.

Served with a salad.

Not bad but it needs a little work.

No comments:

Post a Comment