Friday, May 13, 2011

Two Beans or Not Two Beans

Wherein Mr. Ullman admits to defeats and offers beans as a stuffing while Mr. Broman labors under the misconception that I will have a good deal of hair.

I had planned a sweet and sour sauce for a white fish. It sounded tasty. It wasn't-- it was dull. Next was a tempura with what remained of the white fish. No clues how but I managed to screw that up . Finally I tried a breaded lamb chop. That was good but I could also see how
it could be better so that is for another day.

I was talking to a lady I know and she gave me the outline for a two bean stuffing that sounded tasty. I was getting ready to do a chili so I divert some of the beans.

Following the directions on the bags I let the black and red beans soak overnight and through the work day. Once I got home I put them into a pan and added a good deal of tarragon. Tarragon is a slight herb so use a lot. I crushed and added four cloves of garlic and brought it to a boil.  I cooked it for a half hour (until soft).

In the food processor I grated two radishes, half a carrot, about a fifth of an onion and another garlic clove. I then transported them to the blended and waited for the beans to finish cooking.

Once the beans were finished I collected about a ¼ cup and put it into the blender with with carrot, radish, etc. I added a small bit of soy sauce, a small dulup of teriyaki, some oregano and spoonful of avocado. Blended until every became a chunky paste.

The only stuffable meat I had around was , sorry, chicken breast. I did my chicken book trick and stuffed. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top, closed the book and broiled for 15 minutes a side. Served with rice and cucumbers. Very tasty in itself and suggests a number of
other possible combinations.

By the way, I used the left-over bean paste in a cheese toastie the next day for lunch. Very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment